Friday, 29 Aug 2025
America Age
  • Trending
  • World
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Real Estate
    • Money
    • Crypto & NFTs
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion / Beauty
    • Art & Books
    • Culture
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Font ResizerAa
America AgeAmerica Age
Search
  • Trending
  • World
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Real Estate
    • Money
    • Crypto & NFTs
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion / Beauty
    • Art & Books
    • Culture
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 America Age. All Rights Reserved.
America Age > Blog > Entertainment > Disney Halts Movie Releases in Russia After Ukraine Invasion
Entertainment

Disney Halts Movie Releases in Russia After Ukraine Invasion

Enspirers | Editorial Board
Share
Disney Halts Movie Releases in Russia After Ukraine Invasion
SHARE

The Walt Disney Company is halting the release of its upcoming films in Russia following the country’s invasion of Ukraine.

“Given the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine and the tragic humanitarian crisis, we are pausing the release of theatrical films in Russia, including the upcoming ‘Turning Red’ from Pixar,” a spokesperson for The Walt Disney Company said in a statement Monday. “We will make future business decisions based on the evolving situation. In the meantime, given the scale of the emerging refugee crisis, we are working with our NGO partners to provide urgent aid and other humanitarian assistance to refugees.”

Disney was the first U.S. film studio to take a stance against Russia, since the Feb. 24 invasion. However, it’s currently unclear how long the studio’s ban will remain in place. “Turning Red” is set to be released exclusively on Disney+, but was set to still be released in theaters in countries like Russia where the streaming service does not operate

The next tentpole Disney is set to release in theaters worldwide is the upcoming “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” from Marvel Studios on May 6. “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” which was released by Sony last year, grossed $45 million in Russia.

Shortly after Disney’s move, Warner Bros. announced on Monday evening that it is pulling the release of the DC film “The Batman” from Russia ahead of its global theatrical release this weekend.

In another development, the Motion Picture Association issued a statement Monday declaring solidarity with Ukraine’s creative community.

“The Motion Picture Association stands with the international community in upholding the rule of law and condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. On behalf of our member companies, who lead the film, TV and streaming industry, we express our strongest support for Ukraine’s vibrant creative community who, like all people, deserve to live and work peacefully,” the statement said. “We will continue to monitor the situation, working closely with our members and partners throughout the global creative sector.”

TheWrap reached out to representatives from Paramount, Universal and Sony earlier Monday with all declining comment on the situation in Ukraine, though insiders have told TheWrap that all of Hollywood’s major studios held meetings on Monday on how to address the escalating crisis along with increasing public pressure to isolate Russia not just financially, but culturally as well.

Earlier in the day, Netflix said it had no plans to add any state-run Russian channels to its service, which under a Russian regulation could try and mandate that Netflix carry the stations.

“Given the current situation, we have no plans to add these channels to our service,” a Netflix spokesman told TheWrap. The statement alludes to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The spokesperson did not comment on whether the company had informed Russia of any decision.

Meanwhile, various sports leagues have moved swiftly against Russia, expanding the global consequences against the country for the invasion beyond government sanctions. On Monday, FIFA and UEFA announced that they will ban Russia’s national soccer teams from all international competition, effectively disqualifying the country from participating in this year’s FIFA World Cup. UEFA has also moved this year’s Champions League final, one of the biggest sporting events in the world, from St. Petersburg to Paris in response to the invasion.

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article In State of the Union, Biden Will Focus on Economy and Global Response to Russia In State of the Union, Biden Will Focus on Economy and Global Response to Russia
Next Article Richard Blum, Political Donor and Husband of Senator Feinstein, Dies at 86 Richard Blum, Political Donor and Husband of Senator Feinstein, Dies at 86

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

Kremlin says sanctions on Putin’s mysterious daughters are ‘difficult to understand’

A composite image of Russian President Vladimir Putin and his daughter, Katerina Tikhonova.Getty/ReutersPutin's top spokesman…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Liz Truss Is No Margaret Thatcher on Economy, Norman Lamont Says

(Bloomberg) -- Liz Truss’s economic plans have more in common with the man her party…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Biden will attend COP27 climate summit: White House

US President Joe Biden will attend next month's COP27 United Nations climate summit in Egypt,…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Boston College Soccer Alums Defend Coach After Alex Cooper Allegations

Boston College Soccer Alums Defend Coach ... After Alex Cooper Allegations Revealed June 16, 2025…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

You Might Also Like

‘Love Island’ Star Pepe Garcia Denies Dishonest on Iris, Confirms Breakup
Entertainment

‘Love Island’ Star Pepe Garcia Denies Dishonest on Iris, Confirms Breakup

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
Nicole Eggert Says She Went By means of Breast Surgical procedure Amid Most cancers Struggle
Entertainment

Nicole Eggert Says She Went By means of Breast Surgical procedure Amid Most cancers Struggle

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
Travis Kelce & Taylor Swift Attend School Soccer Sport After Getting Engaged
Entertainment

Travis Kelce & Taylor Swift Attend School Soccer Sport After Getting Engaged

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
Funkmaster Flex Switching Sizzling 97 Time Slots, DJ’s Enuff & Camilo Out
Entertainment

Funkmaster Flex Switching Sizzling 97 Time Slots, DJ’s Enuff & Camilo Out

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
America Age
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


America Age: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Company
  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • WP Creative Group
  • Accessibility Statement
Contact Us
  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability
Terms of Use
  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices
© 2024 America Age. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?