Saturday, 30 Aug 2025
America Age
  • Trending
  • World
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Real Estate
    • Money
    • Crypto & NFTs
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion / Beauty
    • Art & Books
    • Culture
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Font ResizerAa
America AgeAmerica Age
Search
  • Trending
  • World
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Real Estate
    • Money
    • Crypto & NFTs
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion / Beauty
    • Art & Books
    • Culture
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 America Age. All Rights Reserved.
America Age > Blog > Entertainment > Sean Penn Threatens To Smelt His Oscars In Public If Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Is Not Invited To Speak At The Academy Awards
Entertainment

Sean Penn Threatens To Smelt His Oscars In Public If Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Is Not Invited To Speak At The Academy Awards

Enspirers | Editorial Board
Share
Sean Penn Threatens To Smelt His Oscars In Public If Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Is Not Invited To Speak At The Academy Awards
SHARE

Sean Penn gave the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences an ultimatum Saturday regarding Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky ahead of the Oscars. Penn, who took home Best Actor Academy Awards for Mystic River and Milk, told CNN’s Jim Acosta that the Oscars must have Zelensky on the program — otherwise, viewers and guests should boycott the ceremony.

The Oscars: How To Watch Online & On TV

More from Deadline

“If it turns out to be what is happening, I would encourage everyone involved, though it may be their moment, and I understand that, to celebrate their films, it is so much more importantly their moment to shine, and to protest and to boycott that Academy Awards,” Penn said. “I myself, if it comes back to it, when I return, I will smelt mine in public. I pray that’s not what happens. I pray there have not been arrogant people who consider themselves representatives of the greater good who have decided not to check in with leadership in Ukraine. So I’m going to hope that’s not what happened, and I hope everyone walks out if it is.”

The Long Road To Oscar 2022: The Journey Of Each Best Picture Nominee

The actor is shooting a documentary for Vice about the Ukrainian-Russian conflict, and he met with Zelensky this week. According to the Daily Mail, Penn also attended a government press briefing today as the country rallied itself against the attack. Zelensky previously posted a video on Instagram of the two together and wrote in a caption: “The more people know about the war in the Ukraine, the higher the likelihood of stopping Russia!” Penn is now in Warsaw for safety reasons.

ICYMI: Actor Sean Penn says the Oscars should be boycotted if the ceremony’s planners have decided against having Zelensky on the program. pic.twitter.com/4LI2YIiKcD

— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) March 26, 2022

Oscar Best Picture Nominees: The Deadline Reviews

On March 25, The New York Post claimed that President Zelensky is in talks to appear at the Oscars, but nothing has been confirmed. Other celebrities have rallied for his appearance on the show including Oscar co-host Amy Schumer, who mentioned the idea on The Drew Barrymore Show.

“I wanted to find a way to have Zelensky satellite in or make a tape or something, just because there are so many eyes on the Oscars,” Schumer said. “I think it’s a great opportunity to at least comment on a couple of things. I have some jokes that kind of highlight the sort of current condition.”

Oscar Nominations: ‘The Power Of The Dog’, ‘Dune’ Top List; ‘Drive My Car’ Among Big Surprises

Best of Deadline

Sign up for Deadline’s Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Click here to read the full article.

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article See Inside Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Penthouse Suite at Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas See Inside Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Penthouse Suite at Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas
Next Article Nebraska Congressman to Resign After Being Found Guilty of Lying to F.B.I. Nebraska Congressman to Resign After Being Found Guilty of Lying to F.B.I.

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

Okinawa marks 50 years of end to US rule amid protests

TOKYO (AP) — Okinawa Governor Denny Tamaki on Sunday urged Japan's central government to do…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Realtor.com releases enhanced map-based search characteristic

Realtor.com launched its new map-based search expertise on Tuesday, which makes use of color-coded map…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Adam Sandler uses cane as he recovers from hip surgery

Adam Sandler has been having some mobility issues.The Happy Gilmore star, 56, has been photographed…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

Video Exhibits Nikola Jokic Placing In Offseason Work

(Picture by Ronald Martinez/Getty Photos)   Following his NBA championship season, Nikola Jokic didn’t even…

By Enspirers | Editorial Board

You Might Also Like

Travis Decker Search, Bones Found Close to Daughters’ Dump Web site
Entertainment

Travis Decker Search, Bones Found Close to Daughters’ Dump Web site

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
Gabby Windey, Spouse a Couple of ‘Honey Mooners’ With Spanks, Naughty Snaps
Entertainment

Gabby Windey, Spouse a Couple of ‘Honey Mooners’ With Spanks, Naughty Snaps

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
‘Again to the Future’ Star Christopher Lloyd Lists Santa Barbara Pad for .385M
Entertainment

‘Again to the Future’ Star Christopher Lloyd Lists Santa Barbara Pad for $6.385M

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
Joe Unique Sues Animal Sanctuary for Allegedly Spaying, Neutering Tigers
Entertainment

Joe Unique Sues Animal Sanctuary for Allegedly Spaying, Neutering Tigers

By Enspirers | Editorial Board
America Age
Facebook Twitter Youtube

About US


America Age: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Company
  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • WP Creative Group
  • Accessibility Statement
Contact Us
  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability
Terms of Use
  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices
© 2024 America Age. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?